Welcome to A Level Physics
This specification has been designed to increase the students' enthusiasm for the subject, develop a deeper appreciation of the skills, knowledge and understanding of how science works and illustrate the key role of Physics in today’s technological society.
The three units studied for AS Level are:-
- Particles, Quantum Phenomena & Electricity - examined in January 2013
- Mechanics, Materials & Waves - examined in June 2013
- Investigative & Practical Skills - internally assessed in the Autumn and Spring terms.
The three units studied for A2 level are:
- Fields and Further Mechanics - examined in January 2013
- Nuclear and Thermal Physics (plus an Option Topic) - examined in June 2013
- Investigative and Practical Skills – internally assessed in the Autumn and Spring terms.