Welcome to A Level Chemistry
This specification has been designed to encourage students to develop their knowledge and understanding to provide a pathway for higher education as well as enhance their enthusiasm for Chemistry and realisation of its relevance in contemporary issues.
The three units studied for AS Level are:
- Foundation Chemistry- examined in January 2013
- Atomic structure, Bonding, Periodicity, Alkenes
- Chemistry in Action- examined in June 2013
- Energetics, Redox Reactions, Halogens, Metal Extraction, Halogens and Alkenes
- Investigative & Practical Skills – internally assessed in the Autumn and Spring terms
For A2 level, the three units studied are:
- Kinetics Equilibria and Organic Chemistry- examined in January 2013
- Acids & Bases, Amines, Polymers, Organic Synthesis & Analysis
- Energetics Redox & Inorganic Chemistry- examined in June 2013
- Thermodynamics, Periodicity, Redox equilibria, Transisition metals
- Investigative and Practical Skills – internally assessed in the Autumn and Spring terms.