Welcome to A Level Biology
This specification has been designed to encourage students to develop an enthusiasm for Biology, practical skills as well as an understanding of key concepts and principles.
The three units studied for AS level are:
- Biology and Disease - examined in January 2013 - weighting 34.4%
- The Variety of Living Organisms - examined in June 2013 - weighting 46.6%
- Practical & Investigative Skills – internally assessed in the Spring term - weighting 20%
Following successful attainment of a minimum of D grade at AS level, students then study a further three units for A2 level.
- Populations & Environment - examined in January 2013
- Control in Cells & Organisms - examined in June 2013
- Practical & Investigative Skills - internally assessed in the Autumn and Spring terms
Mrs R Edees (Head of Biology)
Mr A Scott
Mrs L Barnes
Mrs C Milbourne
Mr S Mohomed