Welcome to Mathematics
Mathematics is of central importance to modern society. It provides the language, and analytical tools underpinning much of the world’s scientific research and global economic processes.
At Coundon Court we are committed to ensuring our young people are given every mathematical opportunity they can, and to support them in building the foundations they will so strongly rely on after education. We have a strong team of mathematical practitioners, all highly skilled in their fields, which has led to the ability to branch out into other curriculum study plans such as Further Mathematics, Additional Mathematics and Financial Literacy over recent years.
We do everything we can to enrich the mathematical teaching of our pupils, with engaging lessons taught by enthusiastic staff, extracurricular opportunities and many links with local Universities.
Ultimately as teachers we aim to create inspired, happy young people who see the importance of key subjects such as Mathematics. Please enjoy looking around our faculty section of the website, there is a lot of information you can access here, and there is also further resources available on Moodle for our students to assist with their studies.
Mrs Lisa J Henden
Head of Mathematics
Dates for Diary
- 5th & 6th February – Year 7 Numeracy Inter-College Competition
- 7th February – UKMT Intermediate Challenge
- 28th February – GCSE Exam Paper 1 (Non-Calculator) – afternoon
- 4th March – GCSE Exam Paper 2 (Calculator) – morning
In Summer 2012
- 83% of Year 11 students achieved a GCSE grade A*-C
- 76% of Year 13 students achieved an A-Level grade A*-C
- 53% of Year 12 students achieved an AS-Level grade A*-B